Monday, December 20, 2010

Welcome Home...Should I have stayed?

Right now I would love to be writing about my great safe speedy trip home, a great game of disc golf with the guys, and an all around great homecoming...

But I can't.

Leaving my brothers house I took the long way home because my GPS was set to avoid toll roads, this was not so bad because I didn't have to pay tolls. When I was about ten minutes away from home, going a bit over the limit--ok more then a bit--because I really needed a restroom, my car decided to shift itself into neutral. No warning lights,no puf of steam, no strange sounds, it just started slowing down. I frantically shifted between every gear trying to knock it into drive but nothing worked, so under coasting power I drove across the two lanes to the shoulder and parked it, turned the engine off, and cranked it... and you guessed it nothing.

After talking to the insurance company the agreed to send a tow truck. This was @ 11:40 at 12:30 I called them back and they said the truck was 10 minutes out, at 12:50 they said 5 mins away, and at 1:15 the trucker called me and said he could see my car. oh and i really had to go by then.

After getting home at almost 2:00, I was greeted by piles of leaves and a rake. after filling several bags of leaves I was rewarded with a trip to the dump!

Nothing says welcome home like a broken car, yard work and a dump visit!

Now im gonna play Call of Duty Black Op's till the lunar eclipse and Skype --btw thank you Jenny for keeping me sane while I waited in bladder agony for the tow truck to come.

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine the agony, but I'm glad my text messages helped you retain your sanity! :D
    Here's to functioning cars!
    *chugs root beer*

    ReplyDelete