Friday, December 24, 2010

Self narration and Holiday movie fails

I have come to realize that there is a fundamental flaw in Christmas movies. Either they are extremely juvenile upbeat and generally unremarkably annoying, or they are downers depressingly sad tragic stories.

Examples...







 Now a few of these have redeeming qualities but for the most part they are meaningless and/or depressing.

In the time of year where everyone is incredibly stressed out, people are remembering loved ones, struggling to make ends meet, who decided it would be a good idea to make a depressing or meaningless movie??

This is the kinda stuff I wanna watch when stressed out...








 You know comic genius or senseless action that relieves my stress.

ok other part of title.

I might do this just because Im an aspiring author, but every now and then i find myself narrating my life.  like today I had a prolonged text message conversation that I wrote out every response like it was dialogue. I have also found myself playing the correct music for the situation im in like creating a soundtrack for my life. Its strange but kinda fun does anyone else do this?

I at least know that Calvin agrees with me

and I could not find a photo of the comic where he says it but we have the same train of thought...


“I thought my life would seem more interesting with a musical score and a laugh track.”

No comments:

Post a Comment