Sunday, December 26, 2010

Missing Dog, Amazing Movie, and Freshman 15

My moms dog ran away Christmas night. She is a gray and white two year old German shepherd named Maya pray for her return please!



this is her

But...

later that night after frantic searching. My brothers and I went to see the new installment in the Narnia films The Voyage of The Dawn Treader!

Now this movie does not follow the story of the book totally, in fact it pretty much rewrites the story with the same main events, but in their defense the book cannot be truly converted into a movie. there is not enough action in the story to have a silver screen addition. 

This movie kept more of the theological significance that CS Lewis wrote into the book than any of the others; including the salvation picture, and the quote that shows that Aslan is not an allegory for God. CS Lewis wrote him as what God would be like in a different world.

This movie was also amazing for two other reasons. 
  1. it made reference to the next movie confirming that they will be at least making one more most likely two (and hopefully three, no one wants to watch The Horse and his Boy)
  2. it was made the way all book to movie adaptations should be made, not as an exact representation of the book but an accompaniment to the story that will make people want to read the book and make previous readers understand more of the subtle references and missing plot points. There has only been one other movie I've seen did this at all and it wasn't as good it was the latest installment of Harry Potter.
And last but not least recently I was wondering why people keep giving me food? do I look like I'm starving? I am loosing weight because of school food but do I really seem anorexic?

Then I realized their trying to make me Fat!

The older generation gained 15 pounds their freshman year and they want us all to suffer too. You will gain the weight but only if you eat all the food they give you RESIST!!!!!

now I have to go take a typing speed test ugh peer pressure :(

No comments:

Post a Comment