Monday, April 4, 2011

Hipsters, and non-conformity

Im anti-hipster there I said it, and I really mean it. 


Where does not being main-stream mean all these people get to gather and form a new culture?


I never understood how anyone could call themselves a hipster attempt to avoid anything mainstream, and then start a new counter culture where everyone against mainstream  society can come complain together. They sit around in there super expensive fake worn out, or incredibly cheap previously owned actually worn out clothes that they take very good care not to mess up. They listen to all the same music and insult everyone who's never heard of them because the bands they listen too are heard by too many people, when the bands they listen too are only listend to by the thousands of other people in their counter culture.


But these same people when met with something actually new, something random and unprecedented, they are scared. None of these so called anti-society hipsters can actually understand or accept anything that does not fit into their version of the social norm. 


ok wow that was a little more ranting then I expected lol.


Heres what I wanted to say, everyone is posting lyrics to songs that have deep meaning or something so here are the two songs that have been bouncing around in my head for the last few days. 



I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

Kriston Chenoweth, Wicked

AND

Leave reality outside and come along for the ride
But just remember
While you're watching us
Do the things that we do
We're watching you

I wanna make friends with the freaks
I wanna throw down with the clowns that I meet
I wanna have a party in the middle of the street
I wanna have a party in the middle of the street
I wanna have a party in the middle of the street
Invite all the carnies and the crazy acrobats
And bearded ladies and the fire-breathers
All the people just like me

Plain White T's

1 comment: