Monday, April 11, 2011

New Direction: Stealing from an artist.

I just read THIS...

In case you don't have time to read it all here is a brief description. THIS is a blog done by an artist; he is a poet/writer. In this particular post he gives nine pieces of advice to fellow creators. I have decided to start using them all but in particular the first and last.

First he advises us to steal... Kleptomania is a writers bread and butter. I have believed this for a long time, but scared to admit that I am a thief. The truth is there is nothing new, no one is truly inventive, everything is just a recombination of things that have been around for centuries. Don't take my word for it though just read the Bible (there will probably be continuos advocation of this).

What has been will be again,
   what has been done will be done again;
   there is nothing new under the sun.



Ecclesiastes 1:9


This is what gives me the right to write! I can create something, if not new, different out of the greatness already out there.

The second part of his advice I took is the reason for the blog change. The only way to get recognition, and readers is to be online. I decided that my incessant ramblings (still visible by searching the archives) were not a very professional way to put my ideas on the World Wide Web. So I cleaned up my blog and will be making it more accessible to outsiders.

I will be posting segments of stories I am working on, and expect some useful comments and criticism from my friends, and hopefully some new readers.

Once again read THIS and if you are a writer I encourage you to get involved with an internet writing forum like ThinkWrite.

Ok, first blog of new style will be out tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment