Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Intentionally specific-less descriptions

I'm proud to announce that I have a name! not for the main two characters but its something...

I have decided it was quite moronic of me to ask for help on a project you know nothing about. So I am going to give you a setting and a brief description of the as yet unnamed project that is possessing me of late.

Setting=above in early 1600's
Ok, to get you in the right mindset of genre and story-telling-type, here are several pictures of stories you've read or watched. When smashed together these will give you some idea of the story I'm writing.






Hope that helps, Here is synopsis.

The story follows the outcome of two dying wishes that occur nowhere near each other in time or location. You follow the lives of five characters as they interact with, and change, the implications of granted wishes that they never heard (slightly misleading, sorry). Their lives are also greatly impacted by a mystical island that somehow changes every person that steps on its shore (also misleading the "island is a large sandbar in the middle of the North sea). Of these five very different individuals, there is only two who are dynamic characters. There are two love story side tales that develop with members of this group, but the main story is the coming-of-age/honoring-the-father of the youngest character.

The story ends with three wishes that echo, but do not copy, the original two. The stage is set for a sequel (the title of which is Smoke and Mirrors). The entire story takes place over the course of fifty years with one 5 year and one 17 year break.

There you have it. This entire story was invented after reading The Book of Sand also check out this Interactive Version. This is the story that gave me the idea and parts are based on it but a lot has changed since the original idea. I may share that sometime if I can find it.

HOMEWORK/HELP ME= if you can think of any names for the characters based on the last post and this one, or actual book titles shoot me your ideas!

1 comment: