Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I DON"T DO NAMES

I started to write today and stopped after almost a sentence,


Waking up to the sound of someone entering the inner room of his empty house ________ sat up.


I realized that I have no names for this book. I have one chapter written with filler names but it is a chapter in the resolution. No raising acting, the climax has occurred by now. So I just used placer names. 


I really really need your help coming up with names. Here are a few descriptions, and a quote from each character any ideas will be cannibalized but credit will be given.


This character is known as the luckiest man in the world, Not going to give it away but theres a twist. He never looses at anything, ever. If this man puts his mind to it then he will succede. Heres a quote from him and a quote to precede the chapter he is introduced in.


"Without confidence people are useless."


"People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim."

The older motherly character is known as un-killable. She has survived more events than anyone knows, and continues to be active even though she's in her forties when it starts and late fifties by time the action starts. Again quote from her and then quote introducing her chapter.


"Power comes not form outward motivation, but internal determination."


"A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams."
--John Barrymore


Last is the semi-main character. He is the dynamic character the only one that learns throughout the epic. He is capable of understanding things better than anyone else. He has been given a special discernment and no intro quote for him just something he says.


"Knowing everything about everyone is only impressive if you also know everything about yourself."


Also the first character I defined is the name that goes into the blank. Any ideas or questions would be awesome. Next blog will be a very cose to full description of the main character. It'll be difficult because the twist revolves around him so stay tuned and give my a while...







7 comments:

  1. I have name issues too. I could spend hours brainstorming names What kind of names are you looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The period is early 1600's and these people should all be english french or welsh

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I was going to say Arlington and Brent but those won't work for the time period so I'm thinking Quincy as your main and james as your semi main

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok i have a name for the blank Quinten Russel

    ReplyDelete
  5. so u asked for help and u didn't use it.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh but I did I liked quincy but it wasn't manly enough At artist steals from everyone a good artist steals only what he needs I needed QU

    ReplyDelete