Saturday, March 12, 2011

Melancholy songs, and Google Earth

Its difficult to walk across campus listening to Wake Me Up When September Ends, when no one is here. The ghost town of campus is the definition of Melancholy but also strangely peaceful and freeing. When I get to walk across campus singing as loud as I want it is really fun.

But also after you get in said melancholy moods, other songs can change in meaning. Ever heard this?


You took for granted all the times I 
Never let you down 
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if 
Not for me then you would be dead 
I picked you up and put you back 
On solid ground 

If I go crazy then will you still 
Call me Superman 
If I'm alive and well will you be 
There holding my hand 
I'll keep you by my side with my 
Superhuman might/my
Kryptonite 

If not, go listen now! its called Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down

Now that you've heard it, Its a positive song right? well get all slightly sad, or nostalgic, or downright depressed It works all the same. It now sounds like a sad song a someones remembering an event or a person that wont ever be the same again. And that person (if you take might and replace it with my like it sounds) is the only thing that really messes the singer up their only weakness. However the still want to keep them close.

Now for stumbles and such, which coincidentally is the name of the folder I put all these awesome photos in.  

These are Google Earth street view pictures

I Think this is outside of lawton or in the Wildlife refuge

I wanna do this 
and this
What are the odds of this?
sooo cool
Not Google earth but really funny to me
Stupid Quote

"Feel the rhythm, Feel the rhyme"
This was not stupid but it was a friends Facebook status and I love Cool Runnings, lets watch it the first day everyone gets back.


No comments:

Post a Comment