Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Don't say if I say When

Despite the awkwardness of the title of this blog in context, it is an almost profound statement. Saying that if dosen't float in your vocabulary is powerful it means you don't ever give credence to the unknown. You know that there is a way things are ment to work a path that is supposed to be taken and if has no place on it.

I really like that confidence and you can use it in almost everything. Not if I get that Job but WHEN...

This may seem to be a powerfully optimistic viewpoint from a self proclaimed cynic but I have maybe for the first time correctly re-defined myself.
I recognize the way the world is and see the good and bad in it (granted most of it is still bad cause of sin) but I'm not exactly cynical, I follow that prayer of serenity

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference

I understand that things suck but there is very little to nothing that I can do about a lot of it so there is no use worrying or obsessing over them. My roommate and Lane (I was gonna just use Mexican but that sounded racists) find problems with this, they dont like recognizing the fact that everyone is related, while I see it as theres no point being disturbed by it when thats reality. 

This blog has been strangely deep considering the day and conversations surrounding the title! so I will leave you with Three things

1. This amazing song That Jenny put on CD for me and has been making rounds in my head ever since its such a good song I LOVE IT, but the video is kinda creepy so just listen

2. this photo of a shirt I really really want SPOILER ALERT

3. And the knowledge that my next post will most likely be much more better (in terms of humor vs profound musings)

3 comments:

  1. Wow Joel.
    Very insightful.
    BTW-way to steal my picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my boss were having a fight about this on valentine's day! I said if and he said when. Me speaking things into existence doesn't work very well. He was right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW if only you knew what that ment!

    ReplyDelete