Thursday, June 23, 2011

Animorphs

This was almost a blog about all the books I put on my short list but this series of books stood out as something that had to be explained, and deserved an entire blog.

I was reading on a 1st grade level before I was old enough to go to school. My older brother decided that I should learn to read as soon as I could talk. Because of this I pretty much skipped the young adult fiction stage. I never read the popular books during the time they were popular with my. friends. Yet this series I devoured. Even though I quickly outgrew them I read everything written up until two years ago!



Above was a list of all the subplots, but it started to get too long and sound retarded so ill explain them differently.

Five teenagers find themselves accidentally on the front lines of a very tilted battle for the whole of humanity. their enemy is a clandestine force that has infiltrated every level of government/society and every country the world over. The series has 54 books with a continuous storyline and 10 companion novels. By the end if the series these now adults have changed so much that they no longer have a place in the world they are saving. The end result was so dramatic and so drastically game changing that the author could not top it so she went insane NOT JOKING, and MORE PROOF.

My favorite Character

Rachel- How a powerful female character is supposed to be done. Not the main character but unashamedly the most Bad-A.

Favorite Event


They create a Ghost myth about a local island by imprisoning someone the tried to turn into a new partner.

The best part about these books is that they are literally two hour reads.  You could finish the series in a couple of weeks. That or the miniature flip book along the bottom of each book.


However the phrase you cant judge a book by its cover, is proved by these;










Disclaimer: these books are a sci-fiction about aliens and morphing technology. This includes space flight, time travel, ray guns, and the ocasional pacifistic android. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember passing those books over as a kid because I though the covers were dumb...haha I'm guilty of book cover judgment.

    ReplyDelete