Thursday, June 2, 2011

Remember Your Mortality.

I have been absent for a few weeks. For some reason the extreme amount of time that I have no drive to write. It may be the absence of a hipster atmosphere that exists on a college campus or my general dislike of my life in lawton but whatever the reason im writing again.

I just gave myself a deadline by telling one of the few pople who i know will not stop bothering me until I meet it that I would send her a new draft of something.

Oh and the title well that would be the literal translation of the phrase Memento Mori. This phrase is the title of the story written by my new favorite writer Jonathan Nolan (es everyones favorite director has an equally talented brother). Though I am late at finding this story and the film that goes with it I believe it is a new muse along with my other favorite movies and books that have inspired me

So to close here is a list of Movies TV and Books that made me want to write

The Once and Future King
Peter Pan (2003 live action version)
Fahrenheit 451
THR3E
The Prestige
Stranger Than Fiction
FLASHFORWARD
Dead poet Society
Memento
Memento Mori

CAUTION: read and watch at your own risk, side effects include: obsessive story telling, inability to enjoy meaningless television (and most sports), desire to pursue liberal arts degree, constant disappointment from new books and movies, and the wish to ignore all human contact to finish a pointless story that means everything to you

2 comments: