Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Game of Thrones

I recently completed A Dance of Dragons and wish to articulate my theory that a song of ice and fire is the greatest work of fiction in our generation

In terms of depth of character, and as a result character attachment; I'm positive that if the man who plays Tyrion Lanister were to be in my immediate presence I would hyperventilate and possibly worship him when I came to, and Arya is the only name I would ever name a daughter.

As for immersion; I just shivered in 113 degree Oklahoman heat while reading the final chapters of DoD ( what an unfortunate acronym).

Plot is almost unmentionable because it us so effortlessly perfect every word on every page is a surprise. I normally pride myself on guessing endings or plot points And as I am so overly saturated with all forms of media I am nearly always correct, with GOT (again sad acronyms) I cannot even form a rational guess it is almost completely original.

And of corse the television adaptation

Only If James Earl jones, Liam neesum, and Morgan Freeman, were genetically combined and then read the books outloud while everyone was on a low dose Iv of LSD so they thought god was telling them humanity's history

so here I set, winter has fallen I'm bundled up and ready for the long hall... Whenever the next book gets published

No comments:

Post a Comment